Skills Survey Dasboard
Press "h" on your keyboard to view this help
While the data loads, here's a little about what you will see appear.
The survey cross filter dashboard allows you to interactively browse the results from from the EDSA demand analysis – a combination of online survey and interviews responses.
E.g., to look at the data from Managers in the UK, select "Manager" in the Role pie chart, and then the UK in the Map view. This will apply this filter to the view. Deselect to restore to the default view or refresh the page.
All charts apart from the word cloud can be used to filter the data.
The default view shows all data:
- The Map view shows locations of the respondents.
- The Role pie chart shows the primary role of the respondents, e.g., data scientist, manager, other.
- The Sector bar chart shows the respondents' primary industry sector.
- The Which skills are essential for a data scientist? chart shows the key areas of data science respondents considered as essential, desirable or not required for a data scientist to have.
- The You or your teams current expertise donut charts show the current level of expertise in 8 key data science areas that respondents were asked to rate. If you filter to manager this was answered for their team, otherwise it was for the indicidual themselves.
- The Word Cloud shows key tools, languages and techniques that have been rated as important to respondents. Size maps to frequency of mention.
The dashboard shows a live view of all submitted data. A filter however excludes inconsistent or incomplete results. Because this may be updated, data currently available may be excluded at a later time.